Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Maybelline "Hot Plum"

I am a lip-makeup fanatic and since I hadn't gotten a new lipstick in a while I decided to get this gorgeous shade!
  It's Maybelline's Hot Plum.


  Now, I picked this shade because I have been longing for a slightly purple toned lipcolour for quite some time.
  Honestly I was a bit dissapointed by the "pinkness" of this shade, since it didn't really look plummy. 

  It's a darker hot pink and you might sense a little bit of plum in the shimmers.

  But, even if it isn't my perfect plum, it's still gorgeous!
  It's VERY pigmented too and the colour fits me quite nicely. 

  It lasts for a long time and even when the actual lipstick is gone, you can still see the colour on your lips if that makes any sense. 

  This is not one of those hydrating lipsticks and I actually find it a bit drying. It goes on a bit rough and can look slightly cakey.
 But not to worry! Just put on some lipbalm or lipgloss and you'll be fine!

  Like I said, this is a stunning colour and I think I would have loved it more if I hadn't expected the shade to be more purple.  

  I'd give this a 3.5 / 5 ! I would give this a higher score but though the colour is beautiful, it wasn't what I was looking for. 


    Kisses and love with whipped cream on top! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment