Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review: Essie "Lacquered Up"

  I'm a big fan of the Essie nailpolishes although I only own 4 ... this far! ;) So with my birthday coming up I decided to do my homework and try to find the perfect red shade to put on my wishlist.
  After reading up on it a bit I found that this pretty nailpolish shade seemed like a perfect match for me!




Color

In the bottle showed in pic 1 it does look a bit orange but once I opened the bottle my opinion changed. 

  It is way more red and it's actually a gorgeous crimson red which definitely looks vampy with a romantic touch to me.

  Throughout a few days in dozens of different lightnings I've seen how the color has changed because it really does! It ranges from a orangey-red to a vampy-red but stays bright red and happy the entire time. 


Application

Compared to my other (few) Essie nailpolishes this formula wasn't quite the same. This is runnier, which I do know may find it's reason in my particular bottle or it not being shaken right, but I still had to "drag" the brush so that there was minimum amount of color on it each time. And this small amount was actually enough for the entire nail, even enough for quite a bit of fall-outs ;). 

 To my surprise one coat was enough! Yes, the pics above are all taken with one layer base coat, one layer Lacquered Up and two top coats! I found this polish very opaque!
The pigmentation on the Essie polishes are usually quite good, but for me they usually require two coats which makes this one the best that I've tried yet. 


Lasting

I'm writing this on a Wednesday evening and I painted them on a Sunday which makes it almost 4 days since I painted them. 

  With lots of other polishes I would undoubtedly have experienced more chipping on at least one nail than I have and that's usually in my first 2-3 days.

  This far it has had a pretty great lasting power but it has chipped some around the cuticle and top of the nail. Though these chips are quite small and not really noticeable unless you try to see it (I of course did).


Review 

One of the best nailpolishes I've tried, especially in terms of color, and I'm so happy that I made this my choice! 

  It's, in my opinion, the perfect red shade and I love how it changes in different lightnings.

  The only downfall is the runnier formula and the fact that it has chipped a bit.

  It's also on the pricier side but it was worth it for me and I hope this review was helpful to you! 
It scores 4/5 / 5 for me! 

Please comment down below on your opinions about this polish and what your favorite Essie shade is! 


Kisses and love with whipped cream on top! <3







No comments:

Post a Comment