Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Review: The Body Shop "Blue Corn 3in1 Deep Cleansing Scrub mask"

Hello!
  This is my first blog post on here so take it easy on me! ;) I will be doing some Random Facts posts or similar to start out this account, if you have any requests or questions just comment down below.



  Lately I've wanted to try something that - for me - is completely brand new and not just the same kind of products I've used for years and that does the same thing.
  Something that I've heard about and that I've wanted to try for awhile is face masks in a jar. A face mask which is not meant for only 1-2 uses but for multiple. 
  The Body Shop is usually my go-to for skincare and so I thought I'd try one of theirs first! I chose the Blue Corn kind in particular because it seemed like the one with the best reviews. 


Product info:

  The product is for Normal/Oily skin and to be used on a cleaned face (not around eyes or on lips) and stay on for about 10-15 minutes (until dry).

  Unfortuntely I'm not sure what skintype I have, but I believe it's combination or normal skintype.


The testing:

  I've only used this product once this far but I've already gotten results so I thought I'd do a review now. The masks smells nice, but not quite like corn. The smell remind me of flowers with a hint of sweetness to it. It looks light blue with darker grains (for scrubbing).

  I washed my face with water only since I didn't have any makeup on previously and then put on the mask.
My first reaction was that the mask was thicker than I had imagined. I did find it a bit hard to put on, but it wasn't at all impossible.

  After a while I felt a bit of sting that came back during short periods, but I didn't find it hurtful at all. Rather a bit like massage actually.

  I let it stay on for about 18 minutes before washing it off.
  I didn't use cotton pads to wipe it away, but used my fingers to really get full use of the scrub. It took about five minutes to get all of the grains away - but it was totally worth it.

  The result was clean and fresh skin. It looked newborn and bright! It had this inner light to it that was just amazing. I loved how it made my skin feel and look. It wasn't oily but definitely not dry. 

 As for pores it did feel like it went deep and did help with acne after one use!

 I put on a moisturizer to finish it off.


My rating:

For me the effect of the mask weighed up every single flaw that I have mentioned earlier although those "flaws" weren't too major neither.

  It gave me one of best effects that I've ever gotten from a face mask.

  I was really happy with it and I do recommend it to anyone curious to try. Although I would be careful with how often I'd use it if I had dry skin since it might dry your skin out a bit if it's used too often.


So far I give it a 4.5 / 5!  Please try it and tell me how you liked it as well! Once I'm finished with the tub I might write a new post about how many uses it lasted, long time results etc.!


  Kisses and love with whipped cream on top! <3











No comments:

Post a Comment